According to U.S. News Travel, and based on their research of timeliness and passenger opinion as expressed on SkyTrax (a website devoted to air travel reviews), they have compiled a list of the country’s worst layover airports. That is, airports you DON’T want to get stuck at.
Reasons why these airports are not airports you want to have layovers at? Things such as heavy crowds, poor airport layout, slow moving traffic, poor signage, unfriendly staff and customer service, poor retail and food choices, and no airport gym to select from. (Okay, I made that last one up.)
Here are the top 10:
1. Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
2. Dulles International Airport (IAD)
3. Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
4. O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
6. Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL)
7. Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
8. San Francisco Intercontinental Airport (SFO)
9. McCarran International Airport (LAS)
10. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
So, maybe the travelers reporting should have checked out AirportGyms.com
Like what you just read? Subscribe!